Chabad is open when everyone else is closed!
Due to COVID-19, we have installed a large tent behind Chabad, in order that students can join us in a safe way. All events at Chabad will take place in the tent until further notice. Social distancing rules, masks etc. will be in effect, and RSVP is mandatory.
Students who are not able to join us in person can request a Shabbat 2Go package (must request by noon on Thursday).
Students are always welcome for some homemade challah, chicken soup, and a spirited meal.
Each week is a unique experience with occasional guest speakers, exciting themes & the best crowd in town!
Click here to RSVP (mandatory) for “The Doris & Stanley Caplan Shabbat Your Way.”
Past Shabbat highlights include:
- Professor Joseph Sungolowsky, French Lit.: The Hidden Child
- Chocolate Shabbat
- Professor Tim Rosen, BALA: What Would Avraham Do?
- Pink Shabbat
- Shabbat in Outer Space
- Italian Shabbat
- Dan Lipton, Musician
- Ashkefardic Shabbat
- Shabbat South of the Border
- Green Shabbat with NYPIRG
- Simcha Weinstein; The Comic Book Rabbi
- Ladies Night
- Dr. Joe Bertolino, former QC Vice President (now President of Lyndson State College)
- QC President Dr. James Muyskens
- Rabbi Moshe Shur, former Hillel Director